We had a BBQ a couple of weeks ago and here a few bad photos to memorialise the event!
It was a really fun time and everyone enjoyed themselves!
Getting dark soon!
Singing by the fire!
We set aside one weekend absolutely for Christ. Students from universities all over the United States travel to Latham Springs to get away from the world, dive into the Bible, praise the name of Jesus, and be built together in the Lord.
The cost is $85. To register please talk to Tim, Ivette, or Emily.
For more information visit: www.college-conference.org
After the completion of the 21 Day Challenge (reading a chapter of the Gospel of John a day during the first 21 days of September) we have decided to begin another reading challenge!
This one will be called the 28 Day Challenge! We will read a chapter a day of the book of Acts beginning on the 1st of October. Acts has 28 chapters so we will finish on the 28th of October. We hope that many of you guys will take up this challenge and grasp the opportunity to immerse yourselves in God’s word. Furthermore, make sure you get in a Bible reading group so you can text your daily enjoyment from your reading to one another!
1. Read a chapter of the book of Acts (right after the Gospel of John) each day of October (up to October 28). We start on the 1st so the chapter for the day will correspond with the day of the month. It doesn’t matter what translation you read or what language you read in!
2. Don’t read ahead too much, or cram to catch up too much. The purpose of the challenge is to help us build up the habit of regular daily Bible reading, not to rush through Acts in a day or two.
3. We’ll all be put in a group. Try to text or otherwise send what you liked from your daily reading to your group every day or so. This will be a real encouragement to each other.
4. Read slowly, carefully, and prayerfully, and expect the Lord to speak to you through His word.
5. Try to tell someone something you read each day. Use your daily reading to share something with someone!
We had a great Bible study today on Luke chapter two. In the below video David summarizes some of the main points we got into. Enjoy!
Date: Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Cost: $5 – Pay to Tim, Emily or Elizabeth
3:00pm Singing & Group Bible Study
7:00pm Singing & Message
Meeting hall of the church in Arlington
2315 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd.
Arlington, TX 76015
Sign up below!
If we have believed in the Lord we are saved. But how can we be sure? This new video by BfA set out in a simple way how we can know we are saved.
1 John 5:13 says: I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God.