We had a great Bible study today on Luke chapter two. In the below video David summarizes some of the main points we got into. Enjoy!
Date: Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Cost: $5 – Pay to Tim, Emily or Elizabeth
3:00pm Singing & Group Bible Study
7:00pm Singing & Message
Meeting hall of the church in Arlington
2315 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd.
Arlington, TX 76015
Sign up below!
If we have believed in the Lord we are saved. But how can we be sure? This new video by BfA set out in a simple way how we can know we are saved.
1 John 5:13 says: I have written these things to you that you may know that you have eternal life, to you who believe into the name of the Son of God.
Today we had our first Bible study of the semester! We read chapter one of the Gospel of Luke. It was really awesome! I think we were all impressed by a couple of points. Firstly, Mary’s obedience verses Zacharias’ disobedience. Mary truly the right vessel to be used by God.
Secondly, we were impressed by the difference between the two conceptions and births recorded in Luke one. Both were miracles but they were very different in nature. One was simply an older couple having a baby but the other was the incarnation of God! God was incarnated to be a man named Jesus! This is truly the greatest and most important thing in the universe! Praise the Lord!!!
To start of the semester right we’re having a 21 Day Challenge! The challenge is to try to read the 21 chapters of the Gospel of John during the first 21 days of September. We hope that this will get us all in the habit of reading the Word every day!
1. Read a chapter of the Gospel of John each day of September (up to September 21). We start on the 1st (Labor Day) so the chapter for the day will correspond with the day of the month. It doesn’t matter what translation you read or what language you read in!
2. Don’t read ahead too much, or cram to catch up too much. The purpose of the challenge is to help us build up the habit of regular daily Bible reading, not to rush through John in a day or two.
3. We’ll all be put in a group. Try to text or otherwise send what you liked from your daily reading to your group every day or so. This will be a real encouragement to each other.
4. Read slowly, carefully, and prayerfully, and expect the Lord to speak to you through His word.
5. Use the hashtag #21in21 in any posts to social media!
Let us know how the challenge is going in the comments below!
We have a few activities planned for this week. On Monday (25 August) and Tuesday (26 August) we will have a welcome table between 9am and 2pm. It will be below the Student Life calendar (near the bookstore) and we’ll be signing up new members to our club. Membership is open to anyone interested in Christian fellowship.
We’d hope that anyone who’s free would come by and spend a little time behind the table to meet and greet our new members!
On Wednesday we’ll have a lunch to kick off the semester. We’re still working to confirm the time and room.
We also are going to have a Bible reading challenge! We want to read the 21 chapters of the Gospel of John in the first 21 days of September! We’ll have some awesome prizes to those who complete the challenge! Come by the table next week for details!
On Monday September 8 we will have our first weekly Bible study. It will be in room H-205 between 2pm and 3pm. It will be at this time and place each Monday. We’ll start reading the Gospel of Luke.
May the Lord bless each one of us with Himself this semester.